Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Member Spotlight


Your Scrappy Jo member name?

Tigger. It’s my screen name all over the internet. My last name is Tygar, and for 31 years people have called me Tigger, so it was a natural choice when I first signed onto a message board years ago. I’m as identified with that as I am with Snarky Kitty, my avatar.

Your first name?

Tigger. ROFL. Sorry, couldn’t resist. Sandi is my first name, but I answer to Tigger.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am such a boring soul – let’s see. I have been married for 31 years (YES to the same guy!!) and we have lived in the same home since we’ve been married. It’s small but we LOVE it so much and I can’t imagine ever moving. We have no children. We wanted them, but cancer made the decision for us and we elected not to adopt. I am a dental office manager… going on 20 years now. As much as I complain, I really do love my job. I drive an ’07 Saturn Vue and I prefer Old Navy Jeans.

Ok. Now I’m struggling to come up with stuff… LOL!!!!!

Got a blog? Or website? You want to share.

My blog’s address is http://fadedrainbows.blogspot.com/ I probably don’t post as much as I should, but it’s not dead. I pretty much have the posting stuff down pat, but changing my music usually takes me about 30 minutes.

How did you get started in scrapbooking?

I was dragged kicking and screaming to a Creative Memories workshop. My friend/neighbor/hairdresser made me go with her. I brought 5 pictures with me, made 2 pages and never looked back.

How long have you been scrapbooking?

I think it’s been around 6 or 7 years now. Time flies!
What’s your favorite paper line?

I have to choose ONE? I’d say Basic Grey, it has been my mainstay for many years, but I do love me some Cosmo Cricket and My Minds Eye.
What product(s) are you addicted to right now?

Well, as most of you know I am a Tim Holtz fanati
c, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE his Idea-ology line – all the metal stuff… metal is my downfall.
I always use inks – Tim’s Distress Inks – if my fingers aren’t stained then I’m not happy.
There is a line of Prima flowers out that screamed my name so loud I got tiggers smilie! They are all distressy and grungy.
I could go on for 2 more pages so I’ll stop here.

What inspires you creatively?

Photos for the most part. I can’t scrap a photo unless it talks to me. I have been known to scrap photos that friends have taken just because they talk to me. (the photos, not the friends)
I do look at a lot of online galleries, the amount of talent out there is amazing.

What brought you to Scrappy Jo's?

I’ve been a member here since before Jo took it
over – Sherri (the previous owner) and I have been online friends for a long time and when she started her message board she invited me over. The transition was done very well – I applaud Sherri for finding someone like Jo!!!

How long have you been a member of Scrappy Jo's?

Egads. Now you’ve got me. Since before it started – how’s that? lol
What do you enjoy the most about Scrappy Jo's?

Oh that’s easy – the ladies here. I have made some incredible friends at this site. I don’t always have time to post a lot – or do the challenges… but I try to say hi every day and LOVE the QOTD’s and Suzanne’s trivia…. ;)

What is on your scrappy wish list?

Tim Holtz. No seriously. Tim Holtz.

What is something about you that we may not know?

I am such an open book – I have to think HARD about this one.
You guys already know that I am a hypo
chondriac germaphobe that is tiggers smilie of bowtie pasta, I have a cute left foot and an ugly right foot, I’m paranoid and shy, and obsessed with Tim Holtz, refuse to make left turns or eat poptarts, love wine and beer but not necessarily in that order.

After all that, what could you possibly not know? How about… I am seriously considering writing a book. It’s something that has been a dream of mine since high school, and I’m ho
ping to make it really happen this year.


Some Layouts by Tigger







No comments: